Summer is on its way, and with summer comes the most delicious tomatoes of the year, and with the most delicious tomatoes of the year comes the best pimento cheese sandwiches! If you are a pimento cheese fan, you know what we’re talking about. A fresh pimento cheese sandwich is the pinnacle of summer sandwiches. Your favorite Inked Honey Whole Wheat bread, layered with pimento cheese, fresh sliced heirloom tomatoes and fresh basil. It’s a summer picnic waiting to happen.
Here at Inked Organics, we are big fans of easy sandwich ideas, and this pimento cheese sandwich recipe fits the bill completely. Making your own pimento cheese is simple, and it keeps well in the refrigerator for several days. When you add fresh pimento cheese to delicious honey whole wheat organic bread, it’s next level. So, give this recipe a try!
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of your preferred mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained and diced
- ½ tsp salt
- Mix together softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- stir until evenly combined
- mix in cheddar cheese and pimentos
To make the best pimento cheese sandwich for your summer picnic or any other time, really, simply layer the pimento cheese with slices of heirloom tomatoes and some fresh basil on your favorite healthy bread. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt to bring it to complete perfection.
Find your favorite loaf of Inked Organics bread at your local grocery store, LA area Costcos, and more locations added every week! As usual, if you try our recipe using the best whole wheat bread around, give us a shout on Instagram by using #thatsmybread!